The Ultimate Fitness Food
Fresh tuna is quite the super food, if you will. It’s a great source of protein and vitamin B and has very little fat. Most of all, it’s packed with the healthy Omega-3 fatty acids that your body wants. Here are some health benefits to eating fresh tuna:
* Fresh tuna helps lower the risk of strokes.
* The omega-3 fatty acids help prevent high blood pressure.
* You can lower your triglycerides; if you have a high level of triglycerides, you likely have bad cholesterol and more fat.
* Tuna and those popular omega-3s are good for the heart. Your heart rate variability can increase, which is a good thing, and you lower the risk of developing abnormal heart rhythms. Tuna will also lower the risk of coronary heart disease.
* Fresh tuna lowers the risk of breast cancer.
* Omega-3 fatty acids improves insulin response, thereby reducing the risk of obesity.
* The immune system gets a boost from selenium that is found in tuna.
* The B vitamins of tuna build and maintain red blood cells while also increasing energy.
How Much is Enough?
Can you see why fresh tuna is such a powerful food item? There is so much good to the body that fresh tuna can do. However, there is such a thing as too much tuna, and the danger of that lies with the mercury that is also found in the fish. Most people will not respond to low levels of mercury, but pregnant women and children should limit their intake to no more than 6 ounces per week. Canned tuna has about half of the mercury levels as fresh tuna.
Fresh tuna has great natural flavors, which is why so many people love this fish raw like for sushi, sashimi, and poke, or seared rare.
Fresh Tuna Fillets Right to Your Doorstep
To get a fine, fresh filet of tuna, browse the seafood section of our online store and take your pick! Fresh tuna is filleted by our artisan butchers, and it will be delivered fresh, never frozen, to your door. Once you get it, it’ll very well be ready for you to cook and eat, or just eat!